- Clerk of Courts
- Child Support Payments
Child Support Payments
Make child Support payments online or by phone with a credit/debit card at the State of Indiana Department of Child Services (DCS) Online Payment Service website or telephone 866-972-9427. Convenience fee applies.
Cash payments for Child Support may be made in the Hancock County Clerk's on the 2nd floor of the Hancock County Courthouse.
In addition, child support payments may be mailed to the State of Indiana as follows:
Indiana State Central Collection Unit (INSCCU)
P.O. Box 7130
Indianapolis, IN 46207-7130
Please be sure to include the following typed or printed information:
- Payee's name
- Payor's Name
- ISETS Number
- Court Case or Cause Number
In order to receive a receipt, please enclose a self-addressed, stamped envelope with the payment sent to INSCCU. The Clerk's office is unable to accept mailed in Child Support payments.
Further, Indiana Code allows the Clerk to collect a fee for cases that are established in the State's Child Support System known as ISETS; therefore, in order to avoid payment being misapplied, please specify clearly when submitting payment for the Annual Docket Fee.
- Whenever in any court preceding an order is in force for the support and maintenance of the other party to the proceeding, the individual required to pay the support shall pay the support.
- The clerk, if the payment is in cash, or the state central collection unit, for all other forms of payment, shall collect from the individual, in addition to the payments, the fee specified in IC 33-37-5-6.
- The clerk may collect any unpaid fee in a proceeding for contempt.
- The state central collection unit may collect any unpaid fee through any lawful means, including income withholding.
As added by P.L.1-1997, Section 8. Amended by P.L.98-2004, Section 103; P.L.148-2006, Section 28.