- Career Opportunities
Hancock County Sheriff's Office
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR
The Hancock Jail Division is comprised of staff members tasked with the responsibility for facility and inmate security and inmate transportations.
The Hancock County Sheriff’s Office is seeking to hire Correctional Officers who thrive in a fast-paced work environment and possess great communication skills. Hancock County is a great place to grow your career and to work with an existing top-notch team.
Correctional employees receive:
- - Competitive starting salary, with a matrix for pre-set increases.
- - Health benefits (Dental & vision options)
- - Uniform and firearm provided
- - Earned Vacation, Personal, and sick days, along with Paid Holidays
- - 40 hour Jail School by ILEA
- - Opportunities for additional training Qualifications for Correctional Officer:
Must be at least 21 years of age - High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required - Must possess a valid driver’s license - Ability to pass a background check, drug test, physical and psychological exam - Corrections experience is preferred but not a requirement - Familiarity with security regulations and basic safety procedures
Apply by emailing Jail Commander, Captain Foy @ firstname.lastname@example.org