- Administration and Records
Administration and Records
The Sheriff's Office Administration is located at the same location as the Jail. These offices include the Sheriff, Chief Deputy, Law Enforcement Division Commander, Investigations Division, Sex Offender Registry, Training Division, Evidence Custodian, Matron and Administration Assistants.
Along with any other general information from our office you may need, you can stop in or find information on the following :
- Accidents reports can be picked up at our office for $8.00 or downloaded from www.buycrash.com for $12.00.
- Case reports for any police activity that our department responded to must be picked up and paid for in person $5.00.
- Sheriff Sale information may be picked up at the office.
- Gun permit information.
- Tax Warrants process payments for Dept of Revenue issued tax warrants.
- Processing of Civil Papers for service.
- Verify active Indiana warrants by visiting www.mycase.in.gov
- Back ground checks are done thru the jail. Must present valid i.d. Available anytime come to lobby and pick up information phone.
Note: These are local (Hancock County) background checks only.
All payments must be CASH, MONEY ORDER, or CASHIER'S CHECK. NO personal checks, debit or credit cards.
8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. (Mon-Fri)
Holiday Schedule 2023
New Year's Day - Mon., January 2
Martin Luther King Jr. - Mon., Jan 16
President's Day - Mon.., Feb 20
Good Friday - Friday, April 7
Election Day - Tues., May 2
Memorial Day - Mon., May 29
Independence Day - Tues., July 4
Labor Day - Mon., September 4
Riley Days - Fri., October 6
Election Day - Tues., November 7
Veterans Day - Fri., November 10
Thanksgiving - Thurs. & Fri., Nov 23-24
Christmas - Mon & Tues Dec 25-26