- Explorer Program
Law Enforcement Exploring is a hands-on program open to young men and women who have completed the 6th grade through 20 years old, interested in a career in law enforcement or a related field in the criminal justice system.
The program offers young adults a personal awareness of the criminal justice system through training, practical experiences, competition and other activities. Additionally, the program promotes personal growth through character development, respect for the rule of law, physical fitness, good citizenship and patriotism.
What Explorers Will Experience:
- Gain exposure to various criminal justice careers and to have positive interaction with law enforcement professionals.
- Obtain “hands-on” experience and awareness of the criminal justice system, thereby helping Explorers to make an informed decision on a career in law enforcement or a related field.
- Receive comprehensive career-focused training that in many cases qualifies for academic credit (i.e. career education credit).
- Preparation for career-related college degree programs and other advanced education opportunities
- Benefit from interpersonal growth through self-discipline, teamwork, challenging experiences, and high standards of performance and personal conduct.
- Enhanced character development and improved physical and mental fitness.
- Learn responsibility to self and others through leadership opportunities.
- Community service and networking activities by assisting sponsoring agency in a supplementary law enforcement and liaison capacity.
Meetings are held the 2nd & 4th Thursday of each month, and it is free to participate.
For more information contact Lt. Donnie Munden at firstname.lastname@example.org.