How do I obtain a Public Defender?
  1. Your criminal case must be pending in one of the Courts in Hancock County.    
  2. You must request a Public Defender:
    1. For Hancock Circuit and Hancock Superior Court #1 you may request a Public Defender at your initial hearing.
    2. For Hancock Superior Court #2 you must file a request directly with the Court, via the Clerk’s Office using your own documentation or by using the documents included HERE.  You must provide a copy of this form to the Hancock County Prosecutor’s Office.
  3. Upon Court approval, your case is assigned to our office for representation.

Show All Answers

1. Who qualifies for a Public Defender?
2. How do I obtain a Public Defender?
3. How do I find out information on my case?