Public Message on COVID-19
The Hancock County Assessor's Office is open to the public, Monday through Friday 8 am-4 pm. We are accessible through email and phone as well. Please call 317-477-1102 or email Assessor Molinder with any questions or concerns.
The Assessor's Office does not handle Homestead, Mortgage, Over 65, Veteran, or Disability Deductions (sometimes confused with exemptions). For all information or questions regarding deductions please email our deductions email or call 317-477-1105.
Please email one of our dedicated Assessor staff depending on your inquiry:
- Business Personal Property: Email Michelle Wolfla
- Sales Disclosures: Email Michelle Wolfla
- Residential Property: Email Cindy Roberts
- Rental Property: Email Sandy Wilson
- Commercial Property: Email Chris Stafford
- Exemptions: Email Crystal Stanley
- Mobile Homes: Email Crystal Stanley
For all other inquiries please email Assessor Molinder.
Primary Functions of the County Assessor’s Office
- Assessment of Real Property for Blue River, Brandywine, Brown, Buck Creek, Center, Green, Jackson, Vernon, and Sugar Creek Townships.
- Real Estate & Personal Property Appeals.
- Non-taxable exemptions.
- Secretary to the Property Tax Assessment Board of Appeals.
- Assessment of All Farmers and Business Personal Property - All forms to be mailed to the County Assessor.
- Web Link GIS Mapping - Map graphic and text data in a web-based Geographic Information System (GIS) are representations or copies of original data sources, and are provided to users as is with no expressed or implied warranty of accuracy, quality, or completeness for any specific purpose or use.
- State of Indiana Department of Revenue
- State of Indiana Department of Local Government Finance
- Tax Estimator - estimate your tax bill.
- Sales Disclosure Form (PDF)